- Pneumonia is a form of acute respiratory infection that affects the lungs.
- Pneumonia is the single biggest infectious killer of adults and children – claiming the lives of 2.5 million, including 672,000 children, in 2019. It is the leading cause of death due to infection in children younger than 5 years of age worldwide.
CAUSES OF PNEUMONIA
- Bacteria (Streptococcus pneumoniae and Mycoplasma pneumoniae)
- Viruses (Flu virus, cold virus.RSV virus)
- Aspiration pneumonia
- Chest pain
- Fatigue and loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting, and diarrhoea
TIPS OF PREVENTION