- The kidneys are a pair of bean-shaped organs on either side of your spine,
- The kidneys’ job is to filter your blood.
- They remove wastes, control the body’s fluid balance, and keep the right levels of electrolytes.
- Diabetes and high blood pressure are the main causes of kidney failure
Warning signs of kidney failure
- Decreased urine output
- Swelling due to fluid retention
- Shortness of breath
Precautions to avoid for kidney damage
- Drink plenty of water
- Make healthy food choices
- Aim for healthy weight
- Manage diabetes, hypertension, heart disease
- Limit alcohol intake
- Stop smoking
- Get enough sleep