- Diabetes is a serious epidemic and lifestyle disease affecting millions over the world, and India is second to China with a staggering statistic of 7.29 crore people affected by this condition.
- 1 in 2 people live with type-2 diabetes undiagnosed, and over 425 million people worldwide are affected by type-2 diabetes.
- Diabetes is one of the leading cause of death worldwide
- People with diabetes can live long and healthy lives when their diabetes is detected early and well managed.
- The majority of diabetes death occurs in low and middle income countries
- Diabetes is an important cause of blindness, amputation and kidney failure.
- Diabetes is one of the biggest reasons why families suffer financial losses. The cost of daily monitoring, insulin injections and ongoing treatments cut deep into wallets.
Signs and Symptoms
Prevention of Diabetes
IMPORTANCE OF EXERCISE ON DIABETES PREVENTION
- Exercise lowered HbA1c values
- Resistance training and aerobic exercise lowers insulin resistance.
- Strength train improves blood sugar control.
- Regular walking lowers the risk of heart disease in diabetes people.
- The best time to exercise is one to three hours after eating, when your blood sugar level is likely to be higher.